Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I Have A Bump On The Shaft Of My Penis Looking Like A Pimple

I Have A Bump On The Shaft Of My Penis Looking Like A Pimple

Patient: I have a bump on the shaft of my penis. It looks like a pimple but will not pop. It only hurts when I apply pressure to it. I looked online and it mostly looks like Lymphocele. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t an STD.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.A diagnosis of lymphocele is possible, however, it needs a dermatology check up for confirmation.Herpes can present with such bumps, however, they are painful and the sores are always in a cluster. So it does not sound like herpes or other STDs.The only way to confirm though is a physical examination by a dermatologist or your physician.Hope this was helpful,Regards.