I have a bump on the shaft of my penis near the head.

Patient : I have a bump on the shaft of my penis near the head. I am 18 and not sexually active so I know it's not an STD. The have removed the bump and noticed a little groove wear it was with little bleeding. It grows back after a time. The picture I uploaded is about a week after I removed it.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com From the picture, it does not look to be infected. It does look like there was a bump, could be due to a bacterial infection. The only other possibility is a blocked sebaceous gland which can arise sometimes from the glans or the shaft. If there is no itching or discomfort in masturbation or intercourse, this can be safely ignored. If you try removing it, it may get infected leading to complications. So, if it's been a cosmetic issue mostly, you can safely ignore it. Sometimes, rarely, a sebaceous cyst may arise in the shaft, and on healing it may get hard. This needs to be physically examined to confirm. Hope this was helpful, Regards