Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a burn, and the skin started peeling down

I have a burn, and the skin started peeling down

Patient: I have a burn, and the skin started peeling down to this pinkish red layer. It doesnt hurt. Should i be concerned?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood that the skin has started peeing off the burnt site and the pinkish layer is now seen.It is good that there is no pain.You should be happy and not concerned that the healing is so good.Do nothing other than applying some soothing ointment like Soframycin or a mixture of honey and Vaseline to keep it soft and not cracked by exposure to air.If there is no cracking, do nothing.Wishing you a great further healing.