Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a burning feeling at the tip of my

I have a burning feeling at the tip of my

Patient: I have a burning feeling at the tip of my penis after i pee once in a while and im worried it might be an STI, even though this has happened a few times before even when i was a virgin a couple years ago. Some people say it might be just a UTI?

Doctor: Thanks for your question.It is difficult to comment much due to inadequacy of information. Had you unprotected in r ecent past (10 days ago)? What is your gender? These are variables which have to be considered before commenting on your problem. Anyway if you have not indulged in unprotected sex in recent past, then it might be a case of of ‘urinary tract infection’ .I understand A routine and culture sensitivity of urine (R/E & C/S of urine ) showing pus cells > 5/HPF (in males) and > 10 /HPF ( in females) will point to an UTI , but if it does not show any pus cells there an uerthral swab for ‘gonococcal ‘bacteria has to be tested for.Hope this is useful