Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a burning sensation in my vagina after my boyfriend ejaculates in me.

I have a burning sensation in my vagina after my boyfriend ejaculates in me.

Patient: I have a burning sensation in my vagina after my boyfriend ejaculates in me, what can it be from?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.The vagina could be burning due to an allergic reaction to certain constituents of semen. The best and easiest solution is to start using condoms during sexual intercourse, in order to limit the amount of sperm that enters your vagina. Researchers have also started to desensitize women to sperm with daily allergy injections. This treatment method has been found 95 per cent successful in treating female sperm allergies.Also, one more reason could be bacterial vaginosis in case of which women have burning sensation post intercourse.If the burning persists after using a condom, kindly consult your gynaecologist who can perform an internal exam.Hope this was helpful,Regards.