I have a chesty cough Heat sweats and aches and

Q: I have a chesty cough. Heat sweats and aches and occasionally chill running through my body. Taken co codamol but no effect

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI) that might be associated with Acute Bronchitis.
I would advice you to get a Chest X-ray done. If the X-Ray is fine, then you would require to take treatment for URTI. For URTI, I prefer to prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin. I also give an anti-allergic like Levocetrizine, chlorpheniramine. I also emphasize to do warm saline gargles.Tablet Paracetamol can be taken on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
If you are found to have chest congestion, you would require to take Bronchodilators like Doxophylline, Deriphylline for a short course.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy