I have a chronic cough Before I start the cough

Patient

Q: I have a chronic cough. Before I start the cough my back gets really itchy. Every time. And then I need an inhaler. Never had asthma or any signs. Has been like this for 2 years Drs don't know what it could be? Concern it's not getting better

Symptoms:  Lack of breathing and cough
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have an allergic reaction to something that causes hyperresponsiveness of the airway and the breathing problem. You are presenting with features of asthma. A simple lung function test will aid in the diagnosis. Please see a Doctor to confirm this. All the best.

Hope this helps you