Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a chronic cough Before I start the cough

I have a chronic cough Before I start the cough

Patient: I have a chronic cough. Before I start the cough my back gets really itchy. Every time. And then I need an inhaler. Never had asthma or any signs. Has been like this for 2 years Drs don’t know what it could be? Concern it’s not getting better

Symptoms: Lack of breathing and cough

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have an allergic reaction to something that causes hyperresponsiveness of the airway and the breathing problem. You are presenting with features of asthma. A simple lung function test will aid in the diagnosis. Please see a Doctor to confirm this. All the best.Hope this helps you