I have a cold flu and I'm worry about it.

Patient

Q: I have been sick since Sunday but at first I had a really sore throat which stop me from eating or even drinking water it was just painful I kept coughing. Then just yesterday night I started having a runny nose and started sneezing so bad, but my sore throat stop yesterday. Just now I woke up with a sore throat again, and runny nose. Should I be able to go to school without feeling really sick which can stop me from working.

Symptoms:  Coughing, Sneezing, Runny Nose, and Sore throat
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It seems as though your persistent symptoms indicates that you will require further examination and treatment from a doctor in person. You will most likely be prescribed oral antibiotics to clear this infection. It would be wise to take the day off of school and rest after you see your doctor. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com