I have a constant uncomfortable knee with mild pain

Patient

Q: I have a constant uncomfortable knee with mild pain. I am not a runner but my job requires me to be on my feet for a few hours every day

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

You seem to be have developed acute knee sprain but you should rule out any knee ligament injury. In such scenario, if the knee joint movement is fine, then we initially give 5 days conservative treatment and if there is no response, then we investigate.
So, you should do cold ice fomentation of the knee and apply Diclofenac ointment locally. In case of severe pain, you can take Pain killers like Diclofenac if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for its use. Avoid sitting in squatting position and climbing stairs.
If you don't get any relief after even 5 days of therapy, then you would require to get MRI of your knee joint done, to rule out any ligament injury.
You should do quadriceps strengthening exercises which will support your knees.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.