Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a constant urge to urinate. Why is this?

I have a constant urge to urinate. Why is this?

Patient: Help, the the past month or two i have a constant urge to urinate, even after i use the toilet. It doesnt hurt or burn and im not on any medication. can you help?

Doctor: Urgency (urge to urinate) can be caused by several things. First and foremost, a urinary tract infection should be ruled out before entertaining other causes like overactive bladder, etc. Burning sensation upon voiding is not a constant feature of urinary tract infections; sometimes, it will have no symptoms. I strongly suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible so tests can be done promptly. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.

Guest: im suffering same for last 3 yrs and im not having any UTI so anybody can help/?? none of any doctor predicted the main problem