I have a Contraceptive Implant, Could I've had a Miscarriage?

Patient : I am using the contraceptive implant and have unprotective sex. The last time i had unprotected intercourse was about 3 weeks ago, since then i have been getting pregnancy symptoms, but I have not taken a pregnancy test. Yesterday, I was bleeding heavily and had painful stomach cramps. Today I am fine. Have I had a miscarrige?
Doctor :   Contraceptive implant devices are one of the most effective reversible contraceptives available. They have a very low fa ilure rate. Out of every 1000 women who use the device, fewer than two will become pregnant. Some of the common side effects of contraceptive implants are : irregular periods, spotting or heavy bleeding and periods lasting longer than usual. There may also be weight gain, anxiety, nausea and vomiting, itching and headache. If your bleeding is more than usual, you may need to do blood-work to rule out anemia and measure your blood pressure.