I have a cut between my butcheeks a little below

Q: I have a cut between my butcheeks a little below my Collin bone there seems to be fungus around it and it has reached my groin . There is a yellowish liquid discharging from it it has a feces smell . It just when I sit . I'm a male . Please help !

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that you have a fistula between the anus and the rectum. The fistula opens into the outside and it is possible that it is infected.

You can start with some home treatment of a Sitz bath. The sitz bath can be a luke warm or cold water bath which contains soda bicarb. The soda bicarb will promote healing and reduce the pain. You should sit in the Sitz bath to promote the healing. Sit in the bath for up to 15 mins.

The best treatment for a fistula is to get it treated surgically. The surgery is known as the seton therapy.

Hope this helps you. All the best.