I have a cut/hole on the top of my butt

Patient : I have a cut/hole on the top of my butt crack, near the tailbone area.. it's like a small circle and it keeps bleeding in small quantities of blood .. It hasn't stopped bleeding for a month or 2 now I think .. what could it be ? And how do I cure it ?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you have a fistula in the anus. This is a opening of the rectum into the o utside and it will bleed regularly. You can try the following to help you: Have a Sitz bath containing lukewarm water with soda bicarb. Sit in the bath for 15 mins to reduce the pain Get a seton thread surgery done to open the fistula and achieve cure. See a Doctor for help. All the best.

Related Q&A

Q: I have this lesions on my gum, i attached pictures. What are these lesions on my gum. Are they serious?

Q: Hi,, My tongue over the last week or so, has went from a green tint to now yellow down the front and back. Its not ...

Q: I got into a scuffle in hockey the other day. I bit my tongue. It hasnt closed up really. Its about a half inch long ...

Q: My tongue normally rests at the bottom of my mouth, but a few days ago I noticed that all of a sudden I am constantly...

Q: I recently noticed the small thing under my tongue seems to be swollen or have a couple red bumps. There also appear...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon