Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a cyst in my arm pit that

I have a cyst in my arm pit that

Patient: I have a cyst in my arm pit that just start leaking and is infected and I’m already in antibiotic , what should I do ?

Symptoms: Pain and redness

I have a cyst in my arm pit...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.It looks like an abscess which has to be drained as antibiotics are not going to be helpful at this stage.I will recommend you visit the ER and get it drained as soon as possible.Meanwhile you will also need an oral antibiotic like Cefotaxime 200 mg twice daily for a week till the swelling completely subsides.Kindly visit the ER and get it drained.Hope this was helpful,Regards.

Patient: I can’t go now as I don’t drive and have to wait my husband get back from work , it is ok to wait a few hours before go to the a&e .

Doctor: Hello,
You can wait for a few hours, as soon as it is possible really.
Meanwhile take extra precautions not to touch it or put any pressure on it.
Regards.