I have a dent in the middle of my back

Patient

Q: I have a dent in the middle of my back on my spine. I have had real troubles with my back before, and only just started to realise the dent a couple months ago, but thought nothing of it. do you have any answers if this is normal? or if it's to do with my past back problems? :)

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have some sort of physical abnormality of the spine that is causing problems and the dent in the back. The dent that you are talking about could be because of scoliosis.

Please see a Doctor to get an x-ray and get the treatment as needed. Hope this helps you. All the best.