Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a dry skin rash on My thigh by my

I have a dry skin rash on My thigh by my

Patient: I have a dry skin rash onMy thigh by my balls that is irritated. When you scratch dead skin comes off. What can I used to get it go away?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, there are following possibilities for your symptoms:1 ) Tinea- it is fungal infection of skin.It is characterised by red colored itchy rash covered with mild scales.2)Eczema: it is characterised by red colored rash associated with excessive itch.Treatment depends on the diagnosis.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.He may order KOH test for fungal elements also.Share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy