Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a dry throat since when im 12.  possibilities of diabetics?

I have a dry throat since when im 12.  possibilities of diabetics?

Patient: I have a dry throat since wen im was 12 now I’m 20 years old and it’s possible that i have a diabetes?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the queryHaving a dry throat is not a sure sign or an indicator of diabetes. Increased frequency o f urination, excessive hunger, excessive thirst, sudden weight loss or weight gain, could all be indicative of diabetes. Kindly get your sugar levels checked both fasting and postprandial blood sugars to rule out diabetes. Get yourself evaluated by an ENT specialist for dry throat.Drink lots of water and make sure you eat healthily. Sleep at least for 8 hours a day.Hope this helped.Regards