Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a eczema on my hands that recently appeared

I have a eczema on my hands that recently appeared

Patient: I have a eczema on my hands that recently appeared and used to itch me but the doctor gave me a cream for it. Now recently i have seen patchy dry skin on my face that sometimes get red and at times looks really bad especially if i have not moisturised but other times can go unnoticeable. This does not itch me so i am curious to know what it is and how i can treat it.

Symptoms: Patchy skin on my face

I have a eczema on my hands...-1 I have a eczema on my hands...-1 I have a eczema on my hands...-1

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.If you have eczema, you should start taking some tablets that will help the eczema or th e infection to go down. The medication will most likely be steroids or similar such medication that will help reduce the cytokines that call the swelling.Talk to a Doctor and get examined and then recieve the treatment. Hope this works for you. All the best.