I have a flat pink circular spot on my tounge,

Q: I have a flat pink circular spot on my tounge, the surrounding area is white. Do I have anything to be worried about?

I have a flat pink circular...-1

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com
Your tongue looks very coated in the picture and the area with the pink circular spot looks normal.
If there was an isolated such spot, or the entire tongue had such pink spots, that indicates a vitamin deficiency, mostly b12.

Now you tongue looks coated, with a whitish layer on the top of the tongue. This could happen due to poor oral hygiene, excessive smoking, or can be a fungal infection. Sometimes a coated tongue may indicate liver problems or chronic liver conditions.

So, I will advise you to curtain smoking in case you're a smoker and get your liver enzymes checked.
If the liver enzymes are fine and you're not a smoker then there is nothing to worry about.
Regarding your primary query, no, the pink circular spot looks normal. There is nothing to worry about the pink spot.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,