Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a fresh tattoo on the back of my

I have a fresh tattoo on the back of my

Patient: I have a fresh tattoo on the back of my hand that’s swollen red and painful also warm but it’s not even two days old.

Symptoms: Fresh tattoo. Red warm and swollen

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood that you have got your tattoo done 2 days back. Beautiful tattoo and nice picture.I can see the whole are is red and edematous uniformly.I would suggest you the following-Keep the hand in elevated position, above the heart level when you are in resting position; this helps to reduce the edema nicely.-Get a curse of an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen, helps reduce the swelling and pain.- Antibiotic coverage helps to reduce the possibility of infection.I hope this answer will help you.