I have a fresh tattoo on the back of my

Patient : I have a fresh tattoo on the back of my hand that's swollen red and painful also warm but it's not even two days old.
Symptoms:  Fresh tattoo. Red warm and swollen
Doctor :   Hi. Read and understood that you have got your tattoo done 2 days back. Beautiful tattoo and nice picture. I can see the whole are is red and edematous uniformly. I would suggest you the following -Keep the hand in elevated position, above the heart level when you are in resting position; this helps to reduce the edema nicely. -Get a curse of an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen, helps reduce the swelling and pain. - Antibiotic coverage helps to reduce the possibility of infection. I hope this answer will help you.