I have a friend who is experiencing tingling in her

Q: I have a friend who is experiencing tingling in her arm and dizziness, but doesn't want to go to the hospital because she doesn't have insurance and no money to pay for medical bills. Any advice for her?

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

Tingling in arms and dizziness is mostly due to Cervical nerve compression or it can be a sign of impending stroke.
See if the symptoms are chronic that is your friend is having for a long then probably they are because of Cervical issues otherwise if Acute can be the sign of stroke.

If that is acute I suppose he should go to ER and let the doctors evaluate and if they feel it's stroke they will post him for MRI.
I understand he has no insurance but when it's the matter of life and death, you should never think of money.

Now if the symptoms are chronic then probably are due to Cervical nerve compression. In such case best is MRI Cervical spine but if affordability issues are there then X-Ray Cervical spine should be done. For pain relief he can do hot fomentation of the neck and apply locally gels contains Diclofenac. In case of severe pain Ibuprofen can be taken.

Share My opinion with your doctor.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay Healthy.