I have a growth in the back right side of

Q: I have a growth in the back right side of my throat.
Please tell me what this looks like. I was tested for strep an mono. Saw a pa. He said I didn't have tonsils so that let me know he was unqualified

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.
Read and understood your query, albeit nicely put but with few points to ponder.

First of all I would request you to to send a photograph so that I can tell more precisely what the problem might be.

You have a growth on the back right side of the throat. Your PA has seen and said the tonsils are normal. It is possible that there can be edema of the other parts of the throat.
The area you are pointing to, if it is behind the palatine tonsil is the area of Tubal tonsils that protect the opening of the Eustachian tubes. This can be inflamed and appear as a swelling .
So the person may not be unqualified.

I hope you received the right prescription for the antibiotic, anti-inflammatory medicines and supportive medicines.

Waiting for the photograph, which you have to send by the e-mail to the office.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis, and get a proper further treatment. Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Patient: How do I email a new picture to you. I'm a heavy smoker. The spot seems to be hard, almost like a cyst. It doesn't not hurt
I'm freaking out please help me
Doctor: Send by the email to the office I will get it and see.
If the spot is hard, if you are a heavy smoker, you can always take a second opinion of an ENT or Oral Surgeon.