Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a hand numbess what is the cause?

I have a hand numbess what is the cause?

Patient: I have a hand numbess what is the cause?

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you. Based on these details, following are the possibilities:1. Cervical Disc Compression.2. Carpel Tunnel Syndrome which is compression of Median nerve.I would advise you to get following:1. X-ray Cervical spine2. Nerve Conduction Velocity Testing3. Thyroid profile.For Pain I advise following:1. A combination of pain killer like Etoricoxib for pain relief.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If Carpel Tunnel syndrome is diagnosed on investigations, you would initially be treated with Intralesional Steroid Injection. If not relieved by this, surgery is indicated.Share my opinion with your doctor, before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.