I have a hernia just above my belly button.

Patient : I have a hernia just above my belly button. I had an operation in 2013 its now held down by a metal mesh. Am I still able to get pregnant with it? And if I did would I need it removing? As i am 23 and havrnt haf any children yet
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com. I understand your concern. Yes, the metallic mesh is not going t o cause any issues with your pregnancy. Only in rare instances, the mesh might have to be cut ( mostly during C- section ), if the need ever arises, and, in that case, the surgery needs to be done again. But this is a worst case scenario, so please do not worry. All the best!! Regards.