Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a hernia just above my belly button.

I have a hernia just above my belly button.

Patient: I have a hernia just above my belly button. I had an operation in 2013 its now held down by a metal mesh. Am I still able to get pregnant with it? And if I did would I need it removing? As i am 23 and havrnt haf any children yet

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com.I understand your concern.Yes, the metallic mesh is not going t o cause any issues with your pregnancy.Only in rare instances, the mesh might have to be cut ( mostly during C- section ), if the need ever arises, and, in that case, the surgery needs to be done again.But this is a worst case scenario, so please do not worry.All the best!!Regards.