I have a hole at the bottom of my spine

Patient : I have a hole at the bottom of my spine and frequently get painful lumps next to it any idea what this could be
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query albeit short and specific. The commonest cause of such a painful lump at the bottom of the spine is a Pilonidal Cyst. If it ruptured it is called a Pilonidal sinus. The only sure-shot treatment is excision (total removal). I would advise you to consult a General Surgeon for clinical evaluation, physical examination and investigations to get a plan for excision and cure. Please discuss with your treating Surgeon about the chance and percentage of recurrence as this condition is known to. I hope this answers your query and helps in decision-making