I have a hypertrophic scar how can I get rid

Patient

Q: I have a hypertrophic scar how can I get rid of it? It hurts and is red and raised and in the middle of my chest. It is so embarrassing and I want it gone :(

I have a hypertrophic scar ...-1
Doctor

A hypertrophic scar can be treated and removed. Consider consulting a dermatologist or a cosmetologist for treatment options. Surgical excision, laser therapy, corticosteroid injections, cryotherapy, compression therapy, radiations, drugs like 5 FU, interferons etc are the management options. The doctor will suggest the best for you after an examination and depending on the location and extent. It may need several settings for results.

Hope this helped.