I have a hypertrophic scar how can I get rid

Patient : I have a hypertrophic scar how can I get rid of it? It hurts and is red and raised and in the middle of my chest. It is so embarrassing and I want it gone :(
I have a hypertrophic scar ...-1
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A hypertrophic scar can be treated and removed. Consider consulting a dermatologist or a cosmetologist for treatment options. Surgical excision, laser therapy, corticosteroid injections, cryotherapy, compression therapy, radiations, drugs like 5 FU, interferons etc are the management options. The doctor will suggest the best for you after an examination and depending on the location and extent. It may need several settings for results. Hope this helped. Regards

Related Q&A

Q: I had a fully ablative laser procedure on my nose three months ago to minimize some shallow acne scars, but the resul...

Q: I am 18 years old and my penis has a very noticeable curve when it is erect. I don't think I have Peyronie's disease ...

Q: I have got multiple cuts my hand with blade because of my personal reason but its not soo deep. What ointment should ...

Q: Hello, I am a man, 25 years old. A couple of months ago I experimented with TCA peel at home, because I have quite ir...

Q: I'm having a physical and I don't want to reveal that I had a chest tube inserted years ago. Can the doctor tell I h...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon