I have a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago I woke this morning with a blood pressure

Patient

Q: I have a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. I woke this am with a blood pressure of 91/54 and now it is 104/63 SHOULD I GO TO EMERGENCY. I am very tired and light headed

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Usually blood pressure below 90/60 mm of hg is considered as low blood pressure.
Low blood pressure can lead to lightheadedness sometimes.
Blood pressure can vary with position, usually it will be lower during nights in the supine position and can gradually increase after waking up.
As your blood pressure is rising without any intervention, there may not be any major problem.
Low blood pressure, blood loss due to surgery can lead to lightheadedness.
Taking rest and drinking more water can improve the symptoms.
If symptoms persist even after doing these, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated.

Hope this helps.
Take care.