Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a infected ear lobe from stretching to 8mm

I have a infected ear lobe from stretching to 8mm

Patient: I have a infected ear lobe from stretching to 8mm and it has crusty puss on it and I’m wondering how to clean it off

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your history of infected earlobe due to 8 mm and has crusty pus on it .You want to know how to clean it off.You can apply Liquid hydrogen peroxide and liquid povidone iodine if you have.If not available, you can boil water for 20 continuous minute with some cotton in it. On getting a comfortable temperature, you can use the wet cotton over the crust and cleaning will remove the crust easily.Apply povidone or any antibiotic ointment on it.I hope this answers your query.