Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a large lump above clitoris It appeared 3

I have a large lump above clitoris It appeared 3

Patient: I have a large lump above clitoris. It appeared 3 days ago, and was pea sized and fairly painless. Now it’s the size of a grape and is a 4 on the pain scale. It’s completely under skin, no discharge or anything. I’m 17, not sexually active. What could it be? What should I do about it???

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If the lump is located above clitoris at labia majora that could be infected hair follicle or clogged sebaceous gland. If the lump is located within clitoris, that could be some cyst.Sometimes friction due to inner wear or tampons can lead to development of lumps.As the lump is increasing in size and becoming painful, better to consult your doctor and get examined.By examination the exact nature of the lesion can be identified and management can be planned accordingly.Take care