I have a large purplish read bump on inner thigh

Patient

Q: I have a large purplish read bump on inner thigh the area surrounding it it very red and a bit swollen I tend to get smaller ones from time to time there, on stomach and under arms should I be worried and how do I treat them

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.

As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Folliculitis. It is a bacterial infection of skin involving the hair follicle.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. If severe, oral antibiotics are also given like cloxacillin.
Get your blood sugar levels done.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy