Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a large purplish read bump on inner thigh

I have a large purplish read bump on inner thigh

Patient: I have a large purplish read bump on inner thigh the area surrounding it it very red and a bit swollen I tend to get smaller ones from time to time there, on stomach and under arms should I be worried and how do I treat them

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a condition called Folliculitis. It is a bacterial infection of skin involving the hair follicle.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area. If severe, oral antibiotics are also given like cloxacillin.Get your blood sugar levels done.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you a prescription.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy