I have a Low Body Temperature.

Patient

Q: My temp was 100.4 then I took it again and it's at 96.6, is that ok?

Doctor

A:   The normal body temperature measured orally is 98.6 oF, although it can range from 97.5 to 98.8 F. The most common cause of low body temperature is exposure to cold. The symptoms of cold may begin once the body temperature drops 1.8 to 3.6 oF below the normal temperature. You have a mild reduction of temperature reading which is within normal limits and may only require occasional monitoring.
Though sometimes low body temperature may be seen in hypothyroidism, diabetes, septicaemia and due to certain medication like benzodiazepines, opoids and barbiturates.