I have a lower stomach muscle that seems pulled

Patient

Q: I have a lower stomach muscle that seems pulled and hurts really bad. When I bend up it feels like a tight rubber band that's sort of swollen. Could I have strained it? It doesn't feel like a strain

Doctor

This could be a part of severe acute gastritis or esophageal hernia or gastroesophageal reflux disease. It could also be a muscle pull due to sudden strenuous activity like jolting, running or lifting heavy weights. Drink plenty of water, use antacids and follow a bland diet for a few days. Avoid constipation and reduce excessive physical exertion. If this does not help, you will have to see a physician for an examination and specific therapy.

Hope this helped.