I have a lump in my right breast I’ve had

Patient: I have a lump in my right breast. I’ve had ultrasounds done and the doctor decided to not do a biopsy because of my young age, basically saying the chances of cancer are so low that it’s not worth it. Previously, it has always felt smooth. Recently it has changed and feels like it has a lumpy surface. Like, my breast lump is lumpy. Should I be concerned?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,As there is a lump in breast which you feel has changed from a smooth contour to a lumpy presentation and if your physician is reluctant performimg a biopsy then you may at least get a Mammography scan done to understand the anatomy of the lump. this can be just a fibroadenoma which is common in reproductive age and is benign and highly mobile. Restricted mobility if present should be evaluated for suspected malignancy. But mammography precedes biopsy. You may discuss the option again with your physician and take an informed decision.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards