I have a lump node in the lower back of

Patient

Q: I have a lump node in the lower back of my head it's been there for 5 months .is it normal for a lump node to stay that long?

Symptoms:  Sometimes it kinda feels like a burning sensation and it hurts sometimes when i touch it
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

The swelling in this area can be an occipital lymph node or a sebaceous cyst or lipoma. A clinical examination is required to rule out all these.
If your doctor feels that it is a lymph node, then swollen lymph nodes require evaluation. The common causes of Lymphadenopathy are Reactive Lymphadenitis, Tuberculosis, Lymphoma, Ebstein Barr Virus Infection.
In case, you just have a short duration lymphadenopathy and that too small, your doctor might treat you initially with a short course of antibiotics.
Weight loss, fever, cough of long duration associated with such mass in the neck can point towards tuberculosis, lymphoma. If you had any preceding fever, sore throat this can be Reactive Lymphadenitis. However, they need to be co-related clinically before FNAC/Biopsy is performed. FNAC is indicated in case your nodes don't disappear after a few days of antibiotic therapy.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy