I have a medium sized Keloid on my pubic area

Patient : I have a medium sized Keloid on my pubic area (not from an STD, I am not sexually active) and i am in a lot of pain. is there anything i can do to dull or stop the pain?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A keloid will generally not hurt a lot. It must have got secondarily infected or there must have been an inflammation. Kindly see a doctor immediately for an examination. You may consider taking an analgesic like paracetamol or NSAID for pain relief until you meet the doctor. Wear loose undergarments and preferably cotton ones. Keep the area dry. Hope this helped. Regards

Related Q&A

Q: I had a fully ablative laser procedure on my nose three months ago to minimize some shallow acne scars, but the resul...

Q: I am 18 years old and my penis has a very noticeable curve when it is erect. I don't think I have Peyronie's disease ...

Q: I have got multiple cuts my hand with blade because of my personal reason but its not soo deep. What ointment should ...

Q: Hello, I am a man, 25 years old. A couple of months ago I experimented with TCA peel at home, because I have quite ir...

Q: I'm having a physical and I don't want to reveal that I had a chest tube inserted years ago. Can the doctor tell I h...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon