Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a medium sized Keloid on my pubic area

I have a medium sized Keloid on my pubic area

Patient: I have a medium sized Keloid on my pubic area (not from an STD, I am not sexually active) and i am in a lot of pain. is there anything i can do to dull or stop the pain?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.A keloid will generally not hurt a lot. It must have got secondarily infected or there must have been an inflammation.Kindly see a doctor immediately for an examination. You may consider taking an analgesic like paracetamol or NSAID for pain relief until you meet the doctor. Wear loose undergarments and preferably cotton ones. Keep the area dry.Hope this helped.Regards