Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a nail scratch on my nose and I

I have a nail scratch on my nose and I

Patient: I have a nail scratch on my nose and I don’t know what to do so can someone please help me ???

Doctor: Hello,Welcome to ATD. Thank you for the query.Nail scratch injuries on skin is usually superficial. It means the u pper layer of skin is injured. It takes few days for natural healing of superficial layer of skin. Scars developed due to superficial skin injury on your face fade out after a period of time. But some scars may last for many months or years, especially if the deeper layer of skin is damaged. Follow the tips given below to minimize their appearance.Cut your nails regularly to prevent nail injury on your face.Apply olive oil regularly on the scar area. It will help to lighten the nail scars considerably without causing any damage to the nearby skin.Facial scars due to nail scratch injuries can be effectively treated with cucumber. Cucumber has natural quality to soothe the inflammation. It is also beneficial in enhancing healing process. Cut cucumber slices and keep it in refrigerator. When cold place them on facial scar for 30 minutes. Regularly use will contribute in great way to lighten scars on face developed after scratching.Baking soda is important natural healer for many skin problems. Prepare a paste of baking soda by mixing it with water. Apply the prepared paste on the nail scratch scars. Let the paste remain for 10 to 15 minutes. Once it dries, wash your face with cold water.Always apply sunscreen on your face while going out. It helps to prevent hyper pigmentation of scar tissue.Apply cocoa butter regularly on the scar tissue on your face. After few weeks the scar disappears without leaving any trace of nail injury. Cocoa butter is good moisturizer and it helps to reduce the scar.Hope this helps. Take care.

Patient: Thank you so so much. Do you mean that when my scratch heals up that’s when u should put olive oil on and e.t.c.