I have a new partner We had sex a couple

Patient : I have a new partner. We had sex a couple days later I got bv. I had a urine test done and it showed lactobacillis in my secretions now I have a yeast infection what's going on?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Since you got BV from your p artner, it is possible that the BV further increases the chances of getting the yeast infection. You need to talk to your partner and get a STD panel tested for confirmation. You also need to start antibiotics for BV, apart from maintaining the local hygiene. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for a 7-10 days, based on your physician's recommendations. For the yeast infection, you can apply Clotrimazole ointment for 5 days. This will reduce the infection. Hope this was helpful, Regards.