I have a new partner We had sex a couple

Patient

Q: I have a new partner. We had sex a couple days later I got bv. I had a urine test done and it showed lactobacillis in my secretions now I have a yeast infection what's going on?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Since you got BV from your partner, it is possible that the BV further increases the chances of getting the yeast infection.
You need to talk to your partner and get a STD panel tested for confirmation.
You also need to start antibiotics for BV, apart from maintaining the local hygiene. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for a 7-10 days, based on your physician's recommendations.
For the yeast infection, you can apply Clotrimazole ointment for 5 days. This will reduce the infection.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.