I have a nose bleed and blood on my stools?!

Patient: This morning I woke up with a nose bleed. (may be irrelevant), tonight after waking up from a nap there was a bitter chalky bloody taste in my mouth, and everything eaten tasted strange. I just went to the toilet and there was substantial blood coming out of my rectum, (after not even taking a dump). What is this? It is continuing to bleed. Dizzy and light headed but not excessively.

Doctor: You may be having a bleed anywhere from your airways (sinuses) and/or gastrointestinal tract. You should see a doctor so the site of bleeding can be determined. Angiomas from the nasopharynx can cause nosebleeds; if the bleed is large enough, it can be swallowed and will eventually be seen as bright blood on stools. To stop the nosebleed promptly, you should press on the soft part of the nose (not the nose bridge) for 20 minutes. Painless bleeding from rectum is usually caused by internal haemorrhoids. It is possible you have one condition or two; some blood clotting disorders will also present with spontaneous, unexplainable bleeding. Regardless, you need to be seen by a doctor so the exact cause and site of the bleed can be identified. I do hope this helps and take care always.