I have a pain in my lower back that radiates

Q: I have a pain in my lower back that radiates down my left leg. I can't sit with my left leg straight out or bend down and sometimes even walk because of the pain. It almost feels like the muscle is being pinched or like theres like one tendon that's being pulled and isn't relaxing. What's wrong? I tried stretching, voltern, rub A535, and naproxen and even massage but those don't always work for long

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is L5-S1 Radiculopathy.
I would advise you to get a MRI lumbosacral spine done. Also you should get Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels, ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.
For pain I advise following:
1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in long term.
But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.