I have a pain on my right front side

Q: I have a pain on my right front side right under my ribs and their is something that moves and feels like a heart beating fast and the pain can be bad. I am a 61 years old female

A:   Hi.
Read and understood the history of pain under ribs on right side, feeling of something moving and like a heart beating fast in a 61 year old female patient.

The commonest causes can be:
- Gall bladder inflammation
- Liver pathology
- Colon on this side and so on.

A good clinical evaluation and Physical examination can help to guide for the investigations to be done:
Ultrasonography can help the most along with X-ray of the chest to start with.
Investigations of the blood for liver function tests, routine CBC and so on.

These will help to get a proper diagnosis and give a plan for proper further management.