Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a pain on my right front side

I have a pain on my right front side

Patient: I have a pain on my right front side right under my ribs and their is something that moves and feels like a heart beating fast and the pain can be bad. I am a 61 years old female

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood the history of pain under ribs on right side, feeling of something moving and like a heart beat ing fast in a 61 year old female patient.The commonest causes can be:- Gall bladder inflammation- Liver pathology- Colon on this side and so on.A good clinical evaluation and Physical examination can help to guide for the investigations to be done:Ultrasonography can help the most along with X-ray of the chest to start with.Investigations of the blood for liver function tests, routine CBC and so on.These will help to get a proper diagnosis and give a plan for proper further management.