I have a painful blister that occasionally forms at the


Q: I have a painful blister that occasionally forms at the opening at the end of my penis. In a way it feels like a cold sore with its sharp tingling pain. It only hurts when you touch it. I am not sure if it running my underwear or because of sex. I do not think it is an std as me and my wife are only sexually active with each other. I have photos.

Symptoms:  Painful blister (or unopened sore) right at the opening of my urethra.
I have a painful blister th...-1

A:   Hi .
Thanks for your question, clear picture and history saying about monogamous relation and the blister as you explained.

As you may know the penis is the only structure in the body that is erectile and this is possible as it is having blood-filled spaces.

The one that appears at the tip of your penis is a widened blood space and it is not any disease.

Be assured, do not worry and bother.
Enjoy your life.

Related Q&A

Q: Hello. Both my fiancee and me have cold sores. Generally it doesn't bother us much in life but we are getting married...

Q: I just moved and am anxious/stressed. Caused cold sores on my mouth. I've gotten them for years. Just splashed soup i...

Q: Hi, my girlfriend has cold sores? What is the worst that could happen to me if I would get it? I read it could deteri...

Q: I asked this question already but would like a second opinion please. In January I had a sinus issue with unknown d...

Q: Hello My friend wake up in the morning and suddenly he finds his wrist arteries look greenish and yellow in the top ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon