Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a painful hemorrhoid I tried tucks, i tried

I have a painful hemorrhoid I tried tucks, i tried

Patient: I have a painful hemorrhoid. I tried tucks, i tried hemroid wipes, and nothing. What do i do?

Symptoms: Painful hemorrhoid

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.You have a history of pain and it looks you are thinking that t his may be a hemorrhoid.The commonest cause of pain at the anus is fissure in ano.I would advise you in such a situation the following:- Get an opinion of a General Surgeon first to have a proper diagnosis whether this is the prolapsed thrombosed hemorrhoid or an anal fissure.- Get an appropriate treatment as advised by him.In addition get this done:- Sitz bathLaxative-Antibiotic and metronidazole.ProbioticsThese will help you along with the anti-inflammatory and painkillers.All these things together help you.Also, talk to your General Surgeon for a definitive treatment.Hope this helps you.