I have a painful lump just below my left collarbone

Patient

Q: I have a painful lump just below my left collarbone. Could this be cancer?

Doctor

A:   HI.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.

Your mentioning the duration, site, size, relation to any other symptoms, history of trauma and so on would have helped me to comment on more precisely.
Anyways, this is not the favored site of any cancer at all and that too in the males.
Yet the investigations remain the same along with an opinion of a General Surgeon and getting FNAC or biopsy to confirm the diagnosis and to carry on the further investigations and go for a proper treatment.

Hope this helps you.