Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have a pimple like bump in my mouth on

I have a pimple like bump in my mouth on

Patient: I have a pimple like bump in my mouth on the cheek that is circular in shape white around the edges with a hole in the middle it doesn’t hurt just noticed it a week ago from what I can tell it is not leaking anything

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Mucosal Lichen planus. It is an autoimmune condition which may involve any mucosal surface and may spread to rest part of the skin also.For Mucosal lichen planus, I prefer to advise topical steroid like triamcinolone acetonide gel and tacrolimus to my patients. Orally Dapsone is started after ruling out all contraindications.I will advise you to visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Take care