I have a popping feeling threw my ribs when coughing

Patient : I have a popping feeling threw my ribs when coughing and in more then one area what is this?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood your history of feeling of popping through the ribs on coughing. This is present in more than one place. This feeling is most probably due to the costochondritis or the inflammation of the intercostal muscles due to violent bouts of coughing. Do not worry unless the reports are suggestive of some sinister happening . I would suggest you to consult a Physician for clinical evaluation, physical examination , X-ray of the chest and CT scan if indicated to find out any problem or rule out problems like lung problems. Get treated accordingly. I hope this answer helps you.