I have a problem with my eardrum I feel that

Q: I have a problem with my eardrum. I feel that it was pulled outward. I can even touch it with the cotton ear cleaning stick. When I hold my nose and tighten my breath, only the other ear be affect. If I slap this ear, I can feel it repositioning but only for 2 or 3 seconds. Then it pop pop and here we go again. How can I physical treat this immediatly? Thanks doctor!

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood that you have a feeling that the ear drum is pulled outside. You have tried to touch it with cotton ear bud, you have tried Valsalva method to find the other ear only is affected, you have slapped the ear to find repositioning only for a few seconds.
All these three Method you have tried are strictly NOT to be done as they can cause harm to the ear drum.

Frankly speaking you can not and you should not do anything like this.
I would advise in such a patient to consult an ENT Surgeon first to see the exact nature of the problems.
And get treated accordingly.
In most of the cases, this can be due to impacted wax

I hope this answer helps you to know what should not be done and what should be done. Take care.