I have a purple bump that is tumor like on

Patient

Q: I have a purple bump that is tumor like on my anus and the rest is purple and inflamed, is there any chance this could be cancerous or should I just wait for a change. It's been like this for a couple months now. Do I need to see a doctor and how immediate do I need to. Additional information, I am a 15 year old male, I am not sexually active, I do smoke cigarettes. I'm very scared about this and need to know what to do.

I have a purple bump that i...-1
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

What you have sent a pic of seems to be a hemorrhoid or piles. You can start with Sitz bath therapy. A sitz bath is a bath of water of cold or warm water mixed with soda bicarb. Sit in the bath for 15 minutes for relief.

If the lesion does not heal, please see a Doctor after 5 days. Hope this helps you.