I have a question involving my injury

Patient : Today I just got 6 stihes in my right thumb the cut runs from where my thumb nail begins and runs to the middle of my thumb and it pretty deep I was wonding if I would be able to play in my state tournament invoving basketball next weekend. I need to know ASAP thanks
Symptoms:  On pain meds
Doctor :   Hello Thank you for posting your query on ATD. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are l ikely to be not able to play in your state tournament next week as it is unlikely to heal within a week as I think it will take more than two weeks to heal. Hope your query got answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.