Ask The Doctor > Pending > I have a question my husband had these episodes where

I have a question my husband had these episodes where

Patient: I have a question my husband had these episodes where his left side of his face and neck go numb, and sometimes can’t talk, we took him to the ER they kept him over nite and said he was having “mini strokes” so they told him to take a baby asprin every day well few weeks went by he was still having them so they said it may be seizors so he went and had a EEG done they didn’t see anything, I asked the doctor how would they know what’s going on if he didn’t have a seizor at the time he had this done, I asked them if they could admit him that way when he has one he will be there and they can see what’s going on, they guy who did the EEG said they can set him up with one to take home that way the doctor could see what’s going on when he’s having one. So back to his doctor she said well she didn’t think it was seizors now. She said he’s having “spells” but told him they are going to give him seiszor meds, I asked why would they do that if it was”spells” i asked to see about getting the machine to take home before they give him meds she said no start the medicine and we will get him set up with the EEG to take home he now takes the meds which helped now they want him to get the EEG done but why would they do that when he’s not having the spells anymore, they will not see anything unless he goes off his meds before the test, but doctor says keep taking them and still get the test, but why?? He’s not having spells now, and what do they define “spells” as?

Doctor: