I have a question Ok i have irregular periods

Patient

Q: I have a question. Ok i have irregular periods, i havent had a period in like 6-7 monthsan im not pregnant had blood work done and pregnancy tests done during those months.. well i was sexually active on the 14th of this month with no protection. Now for three days ive had this light brown sometimes a lil darker discharge.. usually if my period is gonna start when i see this usually happens within a few hours or the next day, ive never gone 3 days with this kinda bleeding. Could this be implantation even if i havent had a period could i be pregnant? Please help! U can even email me at mamaof109@gmail.com

Doctor

If you haven't had your menses in last 6-7 months then it is likely that you are suffering from PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome, which causes oligomenorrhoea, hirsutism and polycystic ovaries along with weight gain and increased insulin resistance leading to anovulatory cycles.
If the cycle has been anovulatory then you are safe from pregnancy. But as the bleeding suggests that you may have been ovulating in this cycle and this can might as well be an implantation bleed. Hence, it is important to rule out pregnancy for sure during this cycle.
The earliest it can be done is after 7 days of intercourse with a blood serum beta hCG test which if found to be more than 1 or raised confirms pregnancy, else it's ruled out for sure.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health.